We aim to ship your order within 24 hours from Bunbury, Western Australia (Monday - Friday). Our store is fully stocked and items online are not for sale unless they are available to send, but occasionally there may be a delay due to stock supply - in which case we will let you know within 24 hours.
Should you require urgent delivery, or have special delivery requirements, including Plastic Free deliveries please contact us at email@example.com or phone (08) 9702 2185 so that we ensure you get the best outcome. While we can not guarantee delivery by a certain date, we will do our best to make it happen!
On occasions, Eco Warehouse offers FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $99 or more and this offer applies to all orders that do not contain heavy or bulky goods. Unfortunately, in some cases, the postage for these heavy/bulky items exceeds an acceptable limit for the business, and we may, at our discretion, contact you to discuss alternative delivery methods or the requirement for a surcharge to be paid by you the customer, to help towards the shipping costs.
* HEAVY ORDER EXCEPTIONS: An additional cost may apply for orders, including those over $99 in value, that are over a certain weight or size, resulting in higher freight costs, compared to the sales total. We will contact you first to approve any additional charge. Also, some heavy/large items may have an extra postage cost that is specified in the description of the product, and we will try to ensure that all products give advance notice of possible surcharges, but we may in some circumstances miss products, and apologise for these oversights, however, reserve the right to contact you and seek permission to charge a surcharge where required. If you choose not to pay the surcharge, the transaction will be cancelled and any money paid by you the customer, will be refunded, as per our refunds policy.
PICKUP FROM STORE: Select this option if you would like to order and pay for goods online, and then come and collect them from the Bunbury store, located at 43C Stephen Street, Bunbury, Western Australia.
Safe delivery & Authority to Leave
- Most orders are sent by Registered Australia Post e-parcel service, ensuring that your order can be tracked. Occasionally we also use selected couriers.
- If no-one will be at home during the day, you might consider having the order shipped to a work address.
- At checkout, there is an option to select a shipping method which requires a Signature on Delivery, to ensure your parcel arrives safely. This method costs an additional $2.95 as per Australia Post charges.
- Please note, if you select the cheaper option which does not require a signature, you take responsibility should the order go missing after it is delivered.
Loss & damage
For any items that arrive broken or faulty, they will be replaced if we are notified within 7 days of receipt.
For items that arrive broken or damaged, please email us a photograph within 7 days to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will guide you through the replacement process.
If your package has been 'stuck in transit' for longer than expected please let us know so we can lodge a 'missing package investigation' with Australia Post. Every missing package will be assigned a unique case number by Australia Post and can take up to 2-4 weeks to locate.
If the package was delayed due to an incorrect or incomplete address, the item should be returned to us. To have this package resent to the correct address, there will be further charges for the appropriate postage fee.
- We do not accept liability for any loss or damage arising from items lost, stolen or damaged after delivery has taken place.
- We will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from late delivery.
We accept orders from NZ, USA, UK and other countries. International orders are not subject to sales tax, so all prices are less 10% when purchased from overseas. Once you have placed your order online, we will contact you by email to confirm these costs. Please look out for an email and contact us if you do not receive it within two days.
Estimated shipping costs will be advised in this email, and unfortunately free shipping does not apply for overseas orders.
Please note that you may have to pay import duties at your end depending on your country's import laws.
All of our standard conditions for returns and exchanges apply for international orders.
Why and How we ship our "Weigh & Pay" products?
Occasionally we get feedback around our packaging of our Weigh & Pay online orders, and the fact that many of the products are sent in plastic zip lock bags. Unfortunately, we have found that it is the best solution to ensure your products arrive in a suitable condition. PLEASE SEND THEM BACK to us at Eco Warehouse, 43c Stephen Street, Bunbury, WA, 6230, so that we can REUSE them.
Alternatively, if you would like your order sent plastic free, and are happy to pay the higher freight costs, then you are awesome and we are ecstatic to do this! Just call or email us prior to placing your order, and we will calculate a price for you.
We are currently trialing calico drawstring bags, which are looking like a great alternative for dry products. The only downside is the cost per bag is significantly higher, but we are working on ways to reduce this, so hopefully we can ship all dry products in calico, instead of plastic!
We originally sent our Weigh & Pay products in brown paper bags, but started to get complaints that people were receiving their orders with contents split open and mixed, and therefore unusable. This is not acceptable to either party, and as a business, it is not sustainable, as we would then have to resend the order, and have to pay for the shipping and more product, plus the inconvenience, hassle, and very poor satisfaction for our customers. We started double and even triple bagging products, we tried thicker paper bags, and still got broken goods. Ultimately, we have found that smaller quantities less than 300g can be paper bagged and certain products like beeswax is fine, as if the bag splits, it tends to stay inside.
We have packed boxes so tight we have had to sit on them to close them, or surrounded the products with paper padding on all sides so that they are cushioned from hard knocks, and still they split. Due to the moving contents, we found that if a paper bag is filled and then rolled shut so there is no space to move, it will split. So we would then leave some moving room, but then the product can move and settle somewhere new, and then you guessed it, split. We felt like we were using way too many paper bags double and triple bagging, that we questioned the logic of avoiding plastic, as how much embodied energy and resources were being consumed by using all of these extra paper bags, and still letting people down with damaged shipments. And then having to send MORE paper bags and creating more CO2 emissions from re-sending the order.
We choose not to send our products in glass for two reasons. Cost and Breakages. Glass is awesome, until you have to post it! It is heavy and fragile, plus it is expensive to buy, and costs A LOT MORE to post. It is bulky, rigid and heavy, all factors push the freight charges up, and there is even less chance that it will arrive in one piece. Plus, the sad truth is that even though many people believe that glass is better because it is recyclable, but Australia has a giant stockpile of glass sitting unused, and the rest is used for road base, as most manufactures don’t use recycled glass as it is cheaper to use virgin materials. So, for these reasons, we don’t ship using glass, unless requested.
For certain products we are able to use Compostable Corn Starch zip lock bags, but unfortunately we can only get them in one small size, and the seal is not the best, so we can’t use them for liquids or gels, but for small amounts of powders they are great. They are a lot more fragile than the traditional plastic zip lock bags and tend to be single use, but are home compostable which is awesome. We still get the occasional breakage if we overfill them, but we feel this is the way forward, and have contacted the manufacturer to see if we can get larger zip lock bags with double seals and at a reasonable price. I’m sure we are not the only ones hanging out for this development!
With liquids and oils, even zip lock bags aren’t suitable, as the liquids can’t be compressed at all, and pop the bags open. So for oils and liquids, we use plastic liquid pouches with screw on lids. If there is another alternative out there that is reasonably cost effective, please let us know! We looked into the foil pouches used in the wine industry, but the cost of the pouch ended up being more than the product in a lot of cases!
What does that leave? The dreaded plastic bag. Lets talk plastic zip lock bags. They are tough, lightweight, versatile and REUSABLE! Yes REUSEABLE. Why not…why should they be single use? A little bit of hot water and dish soap, zip them up, shake them about, drain, dry and reuse over and over and over again. Yes at the end of life they are waste, which is not great (which is why we are pursuing and would prefer compostable), but for one zip lock bag we would potentially be using 20-30 paper bags, depending on contents shipped, double bagging and assuming at least 10 uses of the zip lock. So when that is scaled up, 1000 plastic zip lock bags, or potentially 30,000 paper bags and the extra resources and emissions used in making, transporting, reshipping damaged orders and so on. The catch is, we need you to return the zip lock bags.
If you can put them to use, and get further life from them, then this is the best solution. But if you can’t stand the sight of plastic and just want them gone from your house, please, please, please, send them back to us, so that we can put them to further use. Even the liquid pouches can be reused, but with these, we ask that you don’t attempt to wash them, as the water only contaminates them. If your pouch has had for example, Jojoba Oil in it, we will reuse it for sending out Jojoba Oil again, but only if it is in an acceptable condition. Returning these zip lock bags and pouches can cost as little as $1 depending on the size and quantity of them. Fold them up, put them in a standard DL envelope and post them to Eco Warehouse, 43c Stephen Street, Bunbury, WA, 6230.
We hope that you can see that using plastic zip lock bags and liquid pouches is not a choice of convenience or cost saving for Eco Warehouse, but is a result of trial and many errors sending products all over Australia. We think our postal service is pretty amazing and reliable, however, the parcels have a long way to travel and there are a few rough handlers out there that test the packaging to the extreme.
At Eco Warehouse, we are about providing access to alternatives, and support a wide variety of causes including but not limited to plastic waste reduction, reducing chemicals in the home, DIY cosmetics and cleaning products, Vegan products, Fair Trade, Zero Palm Oil, Organic Foods and several others. Unfortunately, sometimes one value clashes with another, and this is a perfect example. We really hate single use plastics, and plastics that can’t be recycled at the end of life, but at the same time, we strongly encourage people to make their own cosmetics and cleaning products to reduce nasty chemicals around their homes and families. We do a lot towards reducing single use plastics, and ultimately want to stay in business to keep providing these alternatives and making them readily available to everyone. To do this, we need to keep with the times and provide online website sales and hence posting orders, and at the same time, ensure that orders get to the destinations in good condition.
Every order we pack, we are trying to do it with as little waste as possible.
- So far, we have not purchased one single piece of padding or protective brown paper, noodle, bubble wrap or air cushion and use solely the packaging materials that are sent to us to protect goods in our packages.
- Occasionally, we will REUSE some bubble wrap on glass items, or REUSE an air cushion to reduce weight and protect fragile products, but we feel this is better than just throwing it in the Redcycle Bin (and yes we do send all of our soft plastics to Redcycle).
- We use gummed paper tape instead of standard packing tape on our boxes.
- We send out our orders using reused boxes such as tissue boxes, cereal boxes, donated product boxes and boxes from our shop floor. We don’t use fancy printed and branded boxes. We reuse everything we can, and use a rubber stamp to brand the boxes when there is a space!
- We do use Australia Post satchels to make the postage affordable when necessary. If possible, we will send orders in a box only, but unfortunately the Australia Post pricing structure favours using their satchel bags even over their branded boxes (which is crazy!). We are only a small family owned business, and in order to keep our pricing low and competitive, we have to use the most economical postage method available. If you would like to have your order sent plastic free and in a box not a satchel, and are willing to pay for the extra postage, please email us prior to placing your order and we will provide a quote to this for you.