or make 4 interest-free payments of $10.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
We believe that once you try our Organic Soapberries, you will never go back to conventional soaps and detergents. Preserving our environment and reducing chemical exposure are two small ways that we can do our bit for the planet and our precious family.
Through the use of our soapberries, we hope that you too will be inspired to get back to basics... naturally!
Put 5 berries in the cotton wash bag provided and double tie the top. If you like fragrance, add 4-5 drops of 100% Essential Oil and pop it in the wash.
- Chemical Free
- Waste Free
- Australian Owned and Run
Soapberries are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergent and fabric softener.
'That Red House' soapberries are they only ones on the market that are 'Certified Organic'.
They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
The shell of the fruit is collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin reduces the surface tension of the water to remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grow in several different regions of the world, but are most prevalent in the Himalayas, which is where ours are harvested by small local communities.
By purchasing our soapberries, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
We are an 100% Australian owned company.
- They're naturally hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load (for a 1kg bag).
- Approximately 1/3 of the cost of chemical detergent.
- They're RAW, VEGAN and PALEO
- 100% WASTE FREE
- Completely chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapberries eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Our 'That Red House' soapberries are certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduce pollution.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Traditional soaps and detergents contain a cocktail of chemicals, which reside in clothing fibres and can be absorbed into the skin.
- Soapberries can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Soapberries are 100% sustainable and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... it's that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- Soapberries perform well in cold water but if you have a particularly dirty load, turn up the temperature on your machine to draw more soap out of the berries.