Borax Natural 250g
Natural Borax 250g
Did you know that most Borax available, is produced synthetically?
The Borax that we stock at Eco Warehouse is an authentic pure and natural borax harvested from ancient deep Mediterranean deposits, free of fragrances and any additional chemicals, so it has many health benefits and uses.
Borax is an ideal, eco friendly alternative to harsh chemicals with a wide range of uses in and around the home. Use Borax:
- · Soften Laundry – Add 1 cup to your washing load with the detergent or rinse cycle to freshen and soften your laundry.
- · Dishwasher Powder – Mix 2 parts Borax, 2 parts Washing Soda, 1 part Citric Acid and 1 part salt to make your own powder. Add 1 Tablespoon to the dishwasher and if you need an extra kick for a particularly dirty load, add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to the powder before turning on the wash.
- · Get rid of the musty smell from towels, gym clothes, kitchen tea towels by washing them with a cup of Borax.
- · General Purpose Spray Cleaner – Mix between 2 Tablespoons with 2 Cups of hot water into a spray bottle and shake to mix and dissolve.
- · Toilet Cleaning Bom – Drop in 1 cup of Borax into the toilet bowl and leave it overnight. In the morning, scrub the bowl with the brush and effortlessly clean the toilet to a “like new” state!
- · Non-Abrasive Paste Cleaner – Mix ¼ cup of lemon juice with 1 cup of Borax to make a paste, and then use a cloth or sponge to rub of stains from bench tops, baths, stainless steel or porcelain.
- · Pest Insecticide – Sprinkle Borax on animal bedding, carpets or areas infested with fleas. Leave for 10 minutes and then vacuum up the corpses!
- · Ant Dust – Sprinkle on ant highways to stop them in their tracks.
- · Mould Inhibitor – Make a thick paste with water tat will stick to the walls and tiles of the shower or bath area, and apply it to mouldy areas and then let it dry overnight or until it has completely dry out. Then brush off and rinse,
- · Drain Un-blocker – Stick ½ a cup of Borax down the block drain, followed by 2 cups of boiling water. Let it do its thing for 15 minutes and then run the tap to flush it out. Good for general maintenance of drains to keep clear and flowing as well.
- · Preserving Flowers - Fresh-cut flowers of many varieties can be preserved with the help of borax! Borax removes moisture from blossoms and leaves, preventing the wilting that would normally occur. Mix one part borax with two parts cornmeal, and sprinkle the mixture into the bottom of a box. Place your flower(s) in the box, then sprinkle more of the borax and cornmeal mixture over the top. Cover the box and let it sit for about 2 weeks to let the flowers dry.
- · Better Home Made Candles - If you make your own candles, treat the wicks by soaking them in a solution of salt and borax to help reduce ash and eliminate smoke problems.
- · Bath or Foot Soak – Make your own mineral spring soak at home by adding 300g of Borax to your bath (approx. 100L of water). This will result in a concentration of Boron equivalent to natural hot springs known as “miracle waters”. Add 15g to 5 litres of nice warm water to get the same concentration for your foot bath. Try bathing a few times a week in your own miracle waters to get some relief from your aches and pains.